Kiehls Midnight recovery botanical cleansing oil review


Hello everyone,

 Hope you all are doing well? Hope the New Year kicked off on right note for everyone. With every passing year I realize that I am becoming a better version of myself. I am beginning to understand what skincare works for me, what kind of makeup looks good on me, what dresses to choose from that best defines my body shape and most of all what company to keep. I have also given a serious thought on pursuing my hobbies this year, one of which is my blog that I have neglected for a year now. Let’s get back into business and share some honest AF reviews on this page.
 
                                                       

Product name: Kiehls Midnight recovery botanical cleansing oil

Brand: Kiehls

Quantity: 175 ml  / 5.9 fl. oz

Price: Rs 3200  / $32

Kiehls says:

 
Enriched with an aromatic blend of pure botanical oils- Squalane for skin, a planted-derived lipid with a natural affinity for skin, Evening Primrose Oil, rich in Omega-6 Fatty Acids, and Lavender Essential Oil, this all-in one non-comedogenic cleansing formula leaves skin balanced, soothed and prepared for optimal night-time replenishment. Soap-free. Sulfate-free. Mineral Oil free.
         Lightweight oil emulsifies with water to gently melt and dissolve all traces of dirt, oil and sunscreen, and face and eye makeup.
    Leaves skin feeling soft, supple and prepped for optimal night time replenishment.
    Non-comedogenic, mineral oil-free, and ophthalmologist tested for sensitive eye area
Ingredients:
Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zea Mays Germ Oil / Corn Germ Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, Polyglyceryl-10 Dioleate, Polyglyceryl-6 Dicaprate, Oenothera Biennis Oil / Evening Primrose Oil, Polyglyceryl-2 Oleate, Squalane, Coriandrum Sativum Seed Oil / Coriander Seed Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Lavandula Angustifolia Oil / Lavender Oil, Isopropyl Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil / Rosemary Leaf Oil, Linalool, Tocopherol, Citronellol, Geraniol, Limonene, Glycine Soja Oil / Soybean Oil, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate.
 
                                                  


 
 
My thoughts: 
We all are pretty much aware and in awe of the Midnight recovery concentrate a cult product from the brand. A friend of mine, who I am not in talking terms with now introduced me to this with a deluxe sample and I immediately fell in love with it. 

My skin has been acting up since last 6 months it’s leaning more towards dry, dehydrated (not loving wearing makeup kind and believe me that's a curse to a makeup lover). Introducing any new product into my skincare routine is not less than a gamble these days. Having had fantastic results with the MRC oil, I at once, took the plunge.

The product comes in a plastic bottle with a pump dispenser which makes it quite easy to use. The texture is not too thick or watery. Its key ingredients comprise of a blend of essential oils of Squalane (a plant derived lipid similar in structure to natural skin lipids, Lavender essential oil and evening primrose oil, rich in Omega -6 Fatty acids.

I take 3 to 4 pumps of the product depending upon the amount of makeup I am wearing on a given day. The texture of the oil helps in indulging in a good facial massage, breaking down all of the makeup including waterproof stuff. I then spray the Avene Thermal water on to my face which emulsifies the oil turning it milky. I then splash plain water, rinsing every bit of the product and then pat dry.                                    

My skin feels cleaner, calmer and softer right after the cleansing. I do not go for a second cleanse when I use this cleansing oil. Least I would do is to take a cotton pad drenched in a mild toner and go over the face and neck and I am good to go for my next skincare step which involves an essence, also from Kiehls which is their Iris extract activating essence (This stuff is incredible, more on this later).

This cleansing oil does not strip the moisture from your skin. It will work for all skin types including oily skin as it does not leave a residue like the one from the body shop’s, their Camomile cleansing oil. Sensitive skin people can do a patch test as  this contains essential oils.

I would like to point out that this product is not travel friendly. Every single time I have travelled with it, there was so much wastage of the product as it leaked even though I had locked the bottle by twisting the pump.
                                                             
Final thoughts:
I have been using this oil from last 3 months and have developed a major liking for this after the Clinique Take the day off cleansing balm. This product did not break me out or caused any irritation. I would highly recommend this product to anyone who enjoys pampering their skin at the end of a long day or even as a do the job and get over with kind of a product. My only gripe is that it’s not travel friendly and of course it’s on the pricier side.

Did you use this cleansing oil? Do you like it? Please do share your experience, I would love to know that.

Thank you for reading as always.

Ravs

Comments

  1. Lovely to see a new post on cheeksnblush!!
    Huge fan of the Avene Thermal water. . Need to give this baby a go. ..
    Sandra/ https://makeupnwomen.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandra!! :) Yes I will be posting more often than before. Thank you for reading, dear.

      Delete

Post a Comment