MAC cosmetics powder kiss lipstick in Devoted to chilli review and swatch


Hello there,

Hope ya’ll are doing well. We are now in October and how! This time of the year always excites me as it marks the beginning of festive season, cooler weather, snug clothes and hot beverages (chai being my favorite). This is the season I am more relaxed, calm and happy and can be seen spending time socializing which I otherwise avoid as the weather place a huge role determining my mood. So, I was feeling a bit ‘spendy’ (if that even is a word). Which basically also depicts the emoji fly money fly. Ha!

I did end up buying a lot of stuff, of which one of the product is being reviewed over here now.

Brand: MAC Cosmetics

Product name: Powder kiss lipstick

Shade: Devoted to chilli

Shade description: Warm brick red

Price: Rupees 1650 / $19

Quantity: 3gms
                                                         

MAC says:

Matte, totally reinvented. Delivering a romantic blur of soft-focus colour, this weightless moisture-matte lipstick was developed to replicate a backstage technique: blending out edges of matte lipstick for a hazy effect. Its ground breaking formula contains moisture-coated powder pigments that condition and hydrate lips. The result is the zero-shine look of a matte lipstick with the cushiony, lightweight feel of the balm. Fall for this all-new soft-touch, misty matte kiss of colour.

 

Other shades from the range include:

A little tamed: Midtone pink

Best of me: Pale milky beige

Burning love: Deepened red wine

Fall in love: Bright creamy fuschia

Impulsive: Warm brown

Influentially It: Nud* beige

Lasting passion: Clean bright red

Mandarin O: Bright creamy salmon pink

Mull it over: Dirty peach

My Tweedy: Blushy nud*

Scattered petals: Pale clean pink

Shocking revelation: Clean blue red

Style shocked! : Clean red orange

Sultriness: Baby blue pink

Sweet, No sugar: Clean warm pink
 

 
Powder kiss lipstick in Devoted to chilli


                                                  
 
                                                           

My experience:

I couldn’t agree more with Mac’s description on this new formula for their lipstick.

The newest addition to MAC’s lipstick entourage is the powder kiss lipstick which will be available in 16 shades which will include a mix of pale nud*, pinks, reds, coral and berry. These will be launching in October in both India and US. I am not certain about the launch date yet but it’s definitely this month. Do ask the peeps at MAC if they already have received the stock and if it’s available for purchase because that is how I got mine. Also, these are priced higher than the regular matte lipsticks.

I am a sucker for matte lipsticks, lip glosses were never my cup of tea. I picked the shade Devoted to chilli and as rightly described by MAC it’s a warm brick red color, which is going to be perfect for the fall/winter weather. I enjoy wearing grey so much in my clothing that I could not think of a better lipstick shade to go with my wardrobe choices. Though this shade would suit every skintone but I believe medium to deeper skin tones would love it more.

MAC has introduced these lipsticks with a new matte finish tube packaging which feels so soft and pretty to look at and I like it better than their standard one. The lipstick almost appears in suede like finish when you look at it first in the tube and the moment you swatch or apply it on your lips, it glides effortlessly almost reminiscing a lip balm but with a lot of pigment. It wears beautifully on my dry lips without tugging. They sit comfortably on the lips without any stickiness of a balm.

I noticed that these did not apply very well on the edges of the lips and also on the inner side of the lips. So make sure you take a tissue and dry your lips completely without any residue of a lip balm or water.

To get the exact powder like finish you will need to apply, blot and then re-apply to get that perfect pout. Also, unfortunately they do not last long and you may need to touch up now and again every 3 to 4 hours. Surviving a meal? Nah! After I devoured a Nake* chicken Taco, this one was wiped right off.

Also, these smell very differently, they do not have the usual MAC vanilla like scent but what these do have is sweetness. Yes, you heard it right. They taste sweet like actual sweetened lipstick and I kind of find it weird for my lipstick to taste like sugar and that too when I am trying to cut down sugar from my life. L

Final thoughts:

Everything said and done I still love this lipstick. I am so over the moon with the powder matte formula and getting it in the shade that best suits my complexion . Though I will have to re-apply this more often than I would grab a glass of water to drink, but I don't mind that really. I would say try these if you have always disliked wearing a matte lipstick, these will take you by surprise. You may purchase your lipstick here.

Thanks for reading as always.

Ravs

Comments

Popular Posts