Winter skincare routine


Hello everyone,

Hope you are doing well and feeling well. We are almost half way through the winter season here in India and I am feeling all kinds of mood. My favorite season is about to get over and summer will be upon us. So, I thought I would do a quick post on all that I have been using and putting on my skin from last couple of weeks. This post is a winter edition of my current skincare routine.

In the end of November I did a huge haul from Cultbeauty to build my skincare arsenal. The order reached me in a total of 20 days including Saturdays and Sundays. Oh, and let’s not even talk about the customs and duties I had to pay to procure my package, I am guilty as charged.

Products ordered:

Su-man purifying cleansing gel-oil

The ordinary “Buffet” copper peptide 1% serum

Sunday Riley Juno antioxidant superfood face oil

The Inkey list Retinol serum

Drunk elephant Virgin marula luxury facial oil

LXMI Pure Nilotica melt

White lotus Jade roller

Samples:
Drunk elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic night serum (Got 4 uses out of it and it made my skin super soft, I will be purchasing this)

Immunocologie  super 7 elixir serum (Very weird texture to apply, you need to pat it on the skin instead of massage, dries quickly when applied. Skin feels tight upon application and I seal it with Pai rosehip oil. I got 4 uses out of it and quite enjoyed the results. I might purchase this.)
 
                                                          

Note: This post is not a product review. It’s my current skincare routine. Also, my skin type is dry, sometimes dehydrated, sensitive and prone to hormonal breakouts around the chin area. I do not like fragrance in my skincare. Some of these products include essential oils and can cause irritation to over sensitive skin conditions. I did not have any problem with these products as such.
 
                                                  
Morning Skincare routine:


Cleanser: Su-man purifying cleansing gel-oil (perfect for dry skin, loving it after the Oskia gel cleanser)

Essence: SK II treatment essence for both AM and PM after cleanser. (Love it for dry/dehydrated skin)
REN ready steady glow ( A little harsh but a brilliant product for exfoliation)

Serum: The ordinary Buffet with copper peptides 1% (dry patches taken care of)

Face oil: Sunday riley Juno (adds the glow and makes the skin super soft)

Moisturiser: The ordinary Natural mositurising factors + HA (most favorite product ever from the brand)

Sunscreen: Eau Thermale cream Avene SPF 50 (saves you from the sun)

                                                   
PM skincare routine:

First cleanse: Kiehl's Midnight recovery cleansing oil (calming to use and does the job very well)

Second cleanse: Su man purifying cleansing gel-oil (Love it for dry skin)

Essence: SK II treatment essence (Love it, love it, love it)

Serum: The Inkey list Retinol serum (for starters I like it, did not irritate my skin)

Oil: Drunk elephant virgin marula oil (Luxe oil and very nourishing)

Moisturiser: LXMI Pure Nilotica melt for extra dry areas around the eyes, lips and nose. (Winter fave)

Lips: LANIEGE lip sleeping mask (dry lips, bye!)
Jade roller ( it's a fantastic tool to depuff and helps in better absorption of skincare)
 

Final thoughts: I never took to skincare so sincerely or passionately earlier but I can tell you for certain that starting early is the key. Of course, the diet and exercise play a significant role. You really may not need all these products but do not omit or neglect the basics of Cleansing, toning and moisturizing (also exfoliate at least once or twice a week). Blessed are those who are born with it but living under current environmental aggressors, looking after your skin is of paramount importance. Until next time, happy skin days to you!

Thanks for reading as always.

Love

Ravs

Comments