Chambor eye shadow Trio - Review


Hello everyone,

It’s time for a new post and todays post is on a product that I happened to pick just because I did not want to return empty handed from that counter. You know with me, if the SA’s are courteous and helpful while showing the products I cannot refuse them a sale. So, this was one such purchase. Please read on to see if I made a wise choice or I should learn to say “No Thank you” in future. :D

Product name: Chambor eye shadow Trio

Shade: Nocturnal Blue 93

Weight: 6gms

Price: RS 595
 
 
 
 

My take on the product:

I have purchased several other Chambor products in the past and my favourite being their Dazzle twist up eyeliner pencil in black. This time around I needed to give their eye shadows a chance so I decided to pick this one up.

It comes in a compact packaging with a built in mirror, a two way applicator brush and 3 different shades from the metallic and shimmer family. The case is a regular bluish black Chambor colour and has a floral print embossed to its exterior which I am not particularly fond of. The shades included in this palette contains a metallic dark blue, a metallic teal green and a grey loaded with shimmer. Appearance wise the shade selection is a treat to the eyes as a makeup enthusiast you can create various looks with it.

In this picture I have directly applied the shades on my lids, the inner corners I am wearing the teal green and the outer corner one is the dark blue shade and the lower lash is lined with the shimmery grey one, all without the use of primer and they last on my lids for 1 to 2 hours with a little bit of creasing here and there. I particularly like the shimmery grey one used with my Mac Fix+ to get the best out of it for an evening look.
 
 

The texture of the eye shadow is very smooth, butter like but when you pick it on your finer tip or brush it is just crazy (not in a nice way)the way it looks when swatched on your hand or applied over your eyes. It is so difficult to blend for an even finish and the amount of fallout from these pigmented looking shades is insane. After finishing doing my eye makeup with this trio my rest of the face turns all blue in colour when I tried to wipe off the excess fallout. Not just that, the texture is so gritty and powdery that this stuff keeps falling inside my eyes causing burning, itching and turning them red. Sadly, this product does not work for me.
 



 

The Nice:

Three beautiful shades

Comes with a built in mirror and application brush

Travel friendly

The Not so Nice:

Hate the immense fallout

Difficult to work with

Irritates the eyes

Expensive for the quality

Includes paraben

Final thoughts:
 There are several palettes to choose from as they offer some amazing shades but unfortunately, this one put me off and I fear to try the rest. I think I am gonna learn to say “No Thank you” in a polite manner. I wouldn’t repurchase this and I don’t even recommend it.

Rating: 2/5

Thank you for reading!

Love,

Ravs

Comments